Mary Elizabeth (Gorin) Ashby, my second great grandmother, died on July 7, 1891, in Chicago, Illinois. FamilySearch.org (Free!) has Death Certificates for Cook County, Illinois, 1878-1922 which is where I found the following.
blue. My editorial comments are bracketed.
1. Name: Mary E. Ashby
2. Sex Female Color White
3. Age 58 years - months 7 days [Implies birth date of June 30, 1833; family bible has June 28]
4. Occupation None
5. Date of death July 7th, 1891 11:50 PM [I think]
7. Nationality and place where born American Glasgow, Kentucky
8. How long resident in this State Residence Louisville [Kentucky]
9. Place of death 455 Elm St, Chicago [Residence of her daughter, Mary, and son-in-law, who had only just married in the previous October]
10. Cause of death Hemiplegia [Paralysis affecting one side of the body]
11. Duration of disease Fifteen hours
12. Place of burial Rose Hill Cemetery
13. Name of undertaker Jordan [See their full page advertisement below.]
14. Dated at Chicago, July 7, 1891. G. E. Richards, M.D.
Residence 44 1/2 Bellevue Place [See his directory entry below.]
|1891 Chicago City Directory, page 1918, Fold3.com|
|1891 Chicago City Directory, page 3045, Fold3.com|