Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Three Years of Blogging!

I started this blog three years ago with lots of ideas of what I wanted to share. This is blog post number 231, and I know I have slowed down recently, though I still have plenty to share.

Last year, I started posting Surname Saturday posts, where I shared my ancestry from a particular immigrant ancestor down through time to me. However, I get bogged down in the details of these posts, which take a lot of time to prepare.

I feel that I need to organize my genealogical treasures and get inspired to blog, even if it's a short post. I certainly have enough photographs to have a Wordless Wednesday post every week...

Instead of sharing the top posts viewed in the last year, I would like to share some of my favorite posts from this past year:

Kentucky ~ Looking for a Crack in the Brick Wall about my Kentucky ancestors.

Greeley Plot Card at Graceland Cemetery about the information I found by paying five dollars to Graceland Cemetery in Chicago for a cemetery plot card.

Samuel Greele's Fourth Wife ~ Solving a Mystery (which followed Samuel Greele's Wives) about finding the death date and burial location for the last of my third great-grandfather's wives.

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Joseph Rose with photographs of a Matawan, New Jersey, cemetery we visited during our summer vacation and Sunday's Obituary ~ Joseph Rose, with a wonderfully descriptive 1877 obituary of another of my third great-grandfathers.

Wordless Wednesday ~ Hunter Sisters Circa 1909 which is a wonderful photo I received from a second cousin of mine. Be sure to note the update provided by my mother and click on the link to read the story behind the photo.

Tuesday's Tip ~ Scotland, Births, Baptisms, and Marriages about what I found at FamilySearch.org that helped me go back a couple of generations in several of my Scottish lines.

Looking back at what I did this year (even though it hasn't been much in the past two months), is pretty inspiring. I plan to continue sharing my family history a few blog posts at a time.

Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary! May your research go smoothly and your posts be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 3rd blogiversary, Elizabeth! Looking forward to reading more about your family history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three years young! Happy Blogiversary, Elizabeth. I'm impressed. Keep up all the wonderful work you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your blogiversary wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be late but best wishes for many more years of blogging and genealogy breakthroughs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated blogiversary, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete