Thursday, June 16, 2016

More on Roosevelt and Rust - Harvard Class of 1904

Almost two years ago, I shared the 1934 invitation to the White House that my step-grandfather, Edgar C. Rust, and grandmother received, as well as a newspaper clipping that was in my grandmother's collection. (Saturday is the 119th anniversary of my grandmother's birth: Elizabeth Adsit was born on June 18, 1897.)

Classmates Meet Again, Unknown newspaper.

In trying to find the original of this newspaper clipping (not yet successful), I also found the following newspaper articles about this college reunion at GenealogyBank which does indicate that family members were in attendance.


Springfield Union-Republican, April 22, 1934, page 1

San Diego Union, April 22, 1934, page 8

These are just two of several articles I found at both GenealogyBank and Newspapers.com.

Newspaper research is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment