Wednesday, November 20, 2013

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday ~ Percy Earle Hunter (1873-1937)

Blogging does work! A second cousin of mine, on my mother's mother's side found my blog because she was looking online for photographs of our common great-grandfather, Percy Earle Hunter. Although I have written about him (see Percy Hunter: Engineer), I realize that I haven't posted many photos of him so here you go!


Percy E. Hunter was born October 18, 1873. I am estimating that this photo was taken around 1877, when he was about 3 or 4.

~~~~~~~~~


Here he is as an older boy, perhaps 1884 or so, when he would have been 11?

~~~~~~~~~



Could this one be a high school graduation photo, so about 1891?

~~~~~~~~~


Here is Percy as a young man. The imprint at the bottom notes 1895, when he would have been 22, and had just graduated from the University of Western Pennsylvania (which became the University of Pittsburgh in 1908). I shared the class photo at Percy Hunter: Engineer.

~~~~~~~~~


I shared a sweet letter he wrote to my grandmother on her fourth birthday in 1911 when he enclosed this picture. He would have been 37 years old. (Her birthday was in February; his in October.)

I also shared a couple of photographs of him with wife, Marguerite. See Atlantic City ~ The World's Playground.

My cousin and I descend from Percy as follows:

Percy Earle Hunter and Marguerite Lysle
|
(daughter 2) Caroline Lysle Hunter    (daughter 5) Helen Lysle Hunter
|                                                               |
Mary Hunter Oliver (1929-1985)                        my mother
|                                                              |
My second cousin                                    me

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing pictures of an individual across the years. Your great grandfather was an adorable child, and a distinguished-looking young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your comments, that he was a cute child and a distinguished-looking man. And he looks so serious in these photos, even as a child.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete