I recently obtained the marriage license for his second marriage to Adelia.
|New York, New York, Manhattan Marriages, FHL Microfilm 1561969, Certificate No. 4474.|
D. H. McAlpin and A. D. Chamberlin, July 16, 1873.
I hereby certify that Mr. D. H. McAlpin and Mrs. A.D. Chamberlin were joined in marriage by me in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York, in the City of New York this 16th day of July 1873.
Attest, Elisha G. Cobb
Official Station, Minister
Residence, Florence, Mass.
Witnesses to the Marriage:
Mrs. Emeline Gardiner [the bride's mother]
|Other side of the certificate|
To the Bureau of Records of Vital Statistics
Health Department of the City of New York.
Return of a Marriage.
1. Full Name of Husband, David Hunter McAlpin
2. Place of Residence, Morris Plains, N.J. [he also owned a home in Manhattan, New York.]
3. Age next Birthday, 59 years [Not quite correct - should be 57.]
5. Occupation, Tobaconist [sic]
6. Place of Birth, NS [He was born in Pleasant Valley, Dutchess County, N. Y.]
7. Father's Name, ________ [Should read James McAlpin.]
8. Mother's Maiden Name, ________ [Should read Jane Hunter, who was still living.]
9. No. of Husband's Marriage, second
10. Full Name of Wife, Adelia Dempster Chamberlin
Maiden Name, if a Widow, Gardiner
11. Place of Residence, New York 133 E 54th
12. Age next Birthday, 33 years [Actually she turned 33 in January 1873.]
14. Place of Birth, Pokeepsie, N.Y. [Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, N.Y.]
15. Father's Name, James D. Gardiner
16. Mother's Maiden Name, Emiline Graham [or Emeline]
17. No. of Wife's Marriage, second
N.B. - At Nos. 4 and 13 state if colored; if other races, specify what, At Nos. 9 and 17 state whether 1st, 2d, 3d, &c. Marriage of each.
New York 187_
We the Husband and Wife named in the above Certificate, hereby Certify that the information given is correct to the best of our knowledge and belief.
Signed in presence of ____________