Sunday, January 1, 2012

Genealogy New Year's Resolutions

I'm not big on making New Year's Resolutions, but perhaps if these are in writing, I'll follow up on them and I can report at the end of 2012 on how I did.

  1. Post to this blog at least twice a week (and to my other blog, A Jewish Genealogy Journey, at least once a week).
  2. Continue to organize (and scan) my old photographs and family memorabilia, of which I seem to have quite a bit. In addition to organizing the old photographs, I need to consult with my mother about identifying people in some of these photos.
  3. Work on finding the parents of Susan Rood (Chapin). Her daughter's sampler and a couple of Chapin genealogies are my only sources of her maiden name of Rood.
  4. Choose one or two other lines to focus my research on, rather than jumping from one line to another, as I usually do. (This may be my most challenging resolution.)
  5. Visit the New England Historic Genealogical Society more often, since I can easily take the train into Boston to do so! 
  6. I have been an NEHGS online volunteer for several years, and I didn't get as many hours in during 2011 as I did during 2010 or 2009, so my goal is to transcribe / proofread at least 7-8 hours every month.
  7. Add more to FindAGrave, both memorials for my ancestors, as well as uploading photographs of gravestones for others who request them.
If I accomplish anything else, it will be a pleasant bonus. Thank you to all who are reading my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like good resolutions, Elizabeth. I too am thinking of trying to stop jumping from line to line and concentrate on only one or two at a time.

    And shame on me for not visiting your other blog! I'll try to remedy that.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thanks for the comment. And after I posted this and was in Family Tree Maker, I remembered that I'm still working on updating my sources, so I should add that.

    And I hope you enjoy checking out A Jewish Genealogy Journey.

    ReplyDelete