Thursday, May 2, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ Printed 1937/38 Lysle Family Tree


This printed Lysle family tree is 8 3/4" by 17". The header reads:
LYSLE FAMILY TREE
Johannes de Insula, (1314-15 A. D.) (John of the Isles) L'Isle - de Lisle - Lisle - Lyle - Lysle.

The left footer reads:
Legend: M-Married; M____ Name of wife of husband not learned.
* ** *** Means first, second or third Wife or Husband.

The right footer reads:
Data collected, prepared and compiled by Mrs. Carrie P. Lysle Campsey, 3940 Brighton Road, N. S., Pittsburgh, Pa. [She is first cousin to my great-grandmother, Marguerite Lysle.]

This document is my source for the names of the descendants of James Lysle that I shared last week. The only dates on this document are for the wife of James Lysle: Mary Wilson (B-1763-D-1849). In fact, the only way I know the date this was printed is based on the fact that one of my aunts' names is not on the tree, as she was not yet born.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I would like to add some names to your Lysle list. My great grandmother was Hallie Elizabeth Campbell...Her daughter was Laurice Maxine Wright (I know it says Laurier Maxine Wright on the page). I have a printed copy of the Lysle family tree. On the right side of the page (under John Lysle Craig) is my grandmother Laurice Maxine Wright. Please tell me how I can add to your family tree. Thanks
    Dennis Westin
    D.realtemptation@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we are 4th cousins 1x removed. I know there are a few Lysles researching the family. It would be great to find out more about the initial Lysle on the tree: James.

      Thanks for reading and commenting

      Delete