Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Hunter Plots at Allegheny Memorial Park

In addition to visiting Union Dale Cemetery in late August 2017, my cousin, my husband, and I visited Allegheny Memorial Park. I am ever so grateful that my cousin was willing to drive us all over the North Side of Pittsburgh.

My cousin and I knew several family members buried at Allegheny Memorial. After we visited the office to get the burial location, one of the employees followed us and helped us find the plots, as these are in-ground markers and grass grows over them if they are not edged regularly.

He kindly edged them for us.



There are two plots, side by side of six burial lots each. There are burials in ten of the twelve lots. These six are on the left:

Marion L. HunterPercy E. HunterMarguerite L. Hunter
1899-19131873-19371876-1967
Caroline Hunter Oliverempty lotMary Hunter Gerken
1900-1974-1903-1971

And these six are on the right.

Margaret L. HunterLowell Townsend CopelandHelen Hunter Copeland
1905-19941900-19741907-1990
Joan Oliver WynneCaroline Copeland Fisherempty lot
1927-19751938-2011-

Percy and Marguerite are my great-grandparents.
Helen and Lowell Copeland are my grandparents.
Marion Hunter, Caroline Oliver, Mary Gerken, and Margaret Hunter are my grandmother's sisters. I have many photos of the Hunter sisters.
Joan is one of Caroline Oliver's daughters and Caroline Fisher is my cousin's mother and my aunt (daughter of Lowell and Helen).



There are FindAGrave memorials for all these family members. Click here for Percy Earl Hunter's memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment